Corporate Social Responsibility
At Helix, we are committed to provide a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and ensure no adverse impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all our operations.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns that impacts into all of our decision making and activities.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Minimize and reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials wherever these alternatives are available and are economically liable.
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Conserve natural resources by adopting pollution prevention practices. For example: extending the life of equipment through preventive maintenance scheduling, purchasing and reworking used equipment etc.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- Minimize toxic emissions through the selection and use of machines and the source of power requirement.
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products, throughout.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimize the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.